Sunday 24 August 2014

Shipman Knotts Fell Race - Tuesday 19th August 2014






Tonight it's Russ's fell race; I offer to help and take on my usual role of summit marshal, that suits me. 

A cool evening but high cloud and just one heavy shower blows through as I take a steady walk to the summit; wet feet though are inevitable. 

A good turn out, 47 runners and Rob Jebb makes it first to the summit, by a very clear margin. I wait patiently for the 47th runner but after a search of both possible routes I guess at a retirement, my feet are getting cold too ! 

So I head down and meet Amanda and Imogen at the top gate, they confirm that there had been a retirement. We jog down, and make it back just as prize giving takes place and manage to grab the last of the cakes and coffee. 

Well done Russ, another good race and I'm sure happy racers; a sensible prize approach too, other clubs / organisers could learn from this; one prize, one person, on that basis a lot of people win prizes, that must make them feel good, it would me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment