Monday 18 August 2014

IHR Legs 3 & 2 - Sunday 17th August 2014

Lacking motivation today, maybe I should be at Sedbergh Hills or someone else but it's another day out on my own. 

So I head up to Kirkstone in the Cali, I sit there contemplating the day ahead and as I do the camper is shaking as the wind and rain lash against it ! Anyone I need to man up, so on with waterproofs, hat and glove.....yes, it is August !, and on up Red Screes.

Actually it is cool, but the weather is ok; the cloud is high and the heavy squally showers come and go, with some clear sky and occasional glimpses of sunshine.

Then down to Scandale Pass, on up to skirt around Dove Crag and down Dovedale to Brotherswater; the rock is treacherous and I don't get the perfect line but there's no rush today. Then around the back of the Tarn and on up to Hartsop....was here exactly a week ago.

I manage to run all of the track to Hayeswater, but then a slow grind up to the Knott and pick the pace up again to the summit of High Street. It is cold and wet up here so keep going towards Thornwaite and a steep descent to Thresthwaite Mouth.  Short, steep climb to Caudale Moor then a blast down Raven's Edge and the waiting Cali.

Kettle on, dry clothes and a chance to chill. About 14 miles and 4,600' of ascent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment