Sunday 24 August 2014

Arnison Crag Horseshoe - Saturday 23rd August 2014

Torn between Weasdale Horseshoe Fell Race or to Patterdale Dog Day for the Arnison Crag Horseshoe. The latter wins, another short race, just 5km and 300m.

It's a relatively small, low-key fell race but it gets a good intro from the show announcer. Ran this two years ago when it was a Club Champs race, didn't look up my time (deliberately) so will be interesting to see just how much slower I am.

It's a cracking route, out of the show field up a grassy bank, onto a track, then a long pull up a boggy valley, join the undulating ridge and then to the summit of Arnison Crag.  I run hard and I run well, but my descending lets me down and I lose a place or two, but finish 9th, happy with that.

KA has a great run, but missing out on being 1st lady, she is overtaken just before the line and beaten by 1 second; but she still picks up, eventually (!) prizes for category wins (!). 

And my time, well it was slower but they both started with 27mins so perhaps things are as bad as I thought !!

No comments:

Post a Comment