Sunday 24 August 2014

Round Latrigg - Wednesday 20th August 2014

My turn to race tonight, a pleasant evening so I head to Keswick.......Round Latrigg Fell Race, a new one for me. Only short, 8.8km and just 240m of climb - that's mean a fast pace ! 

Amazingly, 187 racers for a mid-week race, but only two from Helm. It sets off fast, as expected, and follows the Skiddaw Race to the parking area at Latrigg, all runnable and, from there, very fast. It follows a broad grassy track, then a small lane and eventually drops to the old railway line. Familiar terrain for me, I pick the pace up, I know there is still a way to go, but I know this well and manage to pace myself accordingly, overtaking as I go. 

I finish 27th in 36:54' I'm happy with that. Hot shower, this should be obligatory at all fell races, a drink and prize giving; a good evening out and a race that I would definitely do again. 

Link to photos and results:

No comments:

Post a Comment