Sunday 15 September 2013

Sprint Team Triathlon, London - Saturday 14th September 2013

So in London for the World Triathlon World Series; albeit we are in the Open Race Sprint Distance Relay. Hyde Park is buzzing we are well looked after by our hosts, Threadneedle Investments.

The Team, Stephen (Swim), me (Ride) and Richard (Run), are in good spirits, despite the damp weather. We take time to read through the info and listen carefully at the race briefing, there is a lot to it and a lot going on so we don't want any careless mistakes which could lead to a time penalty or disqualification.

At 2pm, Stephen is in the Serpentine for his 750m swim, I am at the transition area, by my bike and ready to go. after about 17 minutes he is in, 48th position, and attaches the timing strap around my ankle. Only then can I take by bike from the rack and walk (run) it out of the area to the mount area, the ground is wet and muddy, not easy to negotiate in cycle shoes.

Then I off, three laps of the course, each lap is about three quarters of the perimeter of the park; i ride well, head down and dig deep. It is flat and fast, dried up to some extent but I take it a bit steady on the tight bends and turnaround points.

I pick up places and dismount and come into the transition area in 32nd place. Richard is ready to go and takes the timing strap from my ankle. He runs well, picking up two places even before he is out of the transition, and then into 27th place on his first lap.

His second lap goes well and he finsihes with us being in 30th position; a good team effort and excellent organising and hospitality from Threadneedle.

Full results:

No comments:

Post a Comment