Sunday 1 September 2013

Orienteering Event - Wednesday 28th August 2013

Ben has kindly organised an orienteering event tonight, for both senior training groups. 

This is going to be good, I team up with young Jacob - we have 50 minutes to visit as many controls as possible (30, I think in total). We all set off together and soon scatter across the Helm.

We run well and work well together and visit all but two of the controls and are just under a minute late, thus forgoing 5 points; however, this gives us a total of 325 points which we are pleased with, although I do not think this will be a winning score. 

I am proved wrong, we pick up Male pair winners at the prize giving in the Station Inn later - beer and an Inov-8 Wrag for me and chocolate and a Wrag for Jacob - a real little star, he's only 13 and destined for great things in his running career. 


No comments:

Post a Comment