Tuesday 13 December 2011

Langdale Christmas Pudding 10k - Sunday 11th December 2011

This race was cancelled last year due to snow which was a shame as this is one of my preferred road races - a great route and really good atmosphere - it is the same this year too.

I arrive in good time and the early rain has cleared by the time the race starts at 12pm. I am feeling fit and eager to get running; I make sure I am at the front and to my surprise I lead the race for the first few hundred metres, this is just for the photos....I then ease off, but much to my amazement I am passed by just 2 other runners in the first few k. Can I keep this going, well I gain on 2nd place and overtake him on one of the climbs but am then passed a different runner close the Wainwright Inn, so still in 3rd position.

I continue to run hard and rise to the encouragement that slower runners give as I head back along the valley. I see Russ close to the finish line and manage to hold-on to 3rd place and finish in 36:12 - I am pleased with this. Kath finishes close behind, a great run for her, a PB and 1st lady. Niall Till runs strong too and we secure the Team prize....beer. I collect a bottle of Port for 3rd, it has been a good race and I head home happy. Other Helm runners race well too and it is good to chat with them at prize giving.

Results:

http://www.ukresults.net/2011/langpud2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment