Friday 2 December 2011

Head (torch) to head (torch)... Tuesday 29th November 2011

A long day out at Slaithwaite and the journey both ways in horrid. I get home late, it is only 4c and there are heavy, gusty hail and sleet showers - just my sort of weather.

Quick change and then the Petzl Ultra goes head-to-head with the new Hope Vision R4 - been wanting to try these since I first heard about the Hope.

I run from home along the canal path to Levens, using the Ultra on full blast - conditions are grim and, at one point, head-on into an icy shower. The torch is good but the battery life, on max, limited.

At Levens Bridge I swap to the Hope R4 - this is much brighter and easily lights my way through the path. It is not quite so easy to use and actually a less comfortable on the head - but there is no denying the light it through out.

It was an invigorating run, I needed this and I am impressed with headtorches - the Hope is  cheaper and more powerful, but the Ultra feels better on the head - difficult to decide which I prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment