Thursday 8 December 2011

Anniversary Waltz Race Route - Saturday 3rd December 2011

A little undecided on my plans, the forecast is not great but I feel the need to head to the hills.

So I head North and decide on the Newlands Horseshoe, similar round to that of the Anniversary race route. I park just below Catbells and follow the track to the West into the Newlands Valley. It is dry but very windy in the valley and I wonder what it will be like on the tops.

Along the valley and then steep climb to Robinson - surprisingly it is not much windier on the tops than it was in the valley. Good running from here, BG leg 5 in reverse, down and then out to Hindscarth; then to Dale Head before a steep descent and cold river crossing. High Spy, Maiden Moor and then to Catbells - this is the windiest section and, with some relief, I drop steeply down to the car.

A good run out, just over 21/2 hours, not exactly race pace but no waiting around either.

No comments:

Post a Comment