Sunday 28 August 2011

Duathlon - Saturday 27th August 2011

A busy day - I head off early in camper to Dockray. I run the Dockray, Great Dodd fell race route. A bit cloudy on the tops but good weather, not the wind and rain that was forecast. 9 miles and 2,800' feet of climbing, my foot is fine, I have lost some fitness but perhaps not too much.

Then on to Whinlatter, I ride the Blue route to start - this is good single track and main track, not too technical - a good warm up.

Then on to the South Loop of the Red Route (Altura) - this is harder, more technical and I if any more uphill I would reach the summit of Grisedale Pike ! The descent is rocky in places, I lack confidence on this terrain - but good fun.

Back to camper and then over to Seathwaite for the night - it storms and this puts a stop to my trying out my new Kelly Kettle !

No comments:

Post a Comment