Sunday 9 November 2014

Birthday Race...Really Wild Boar Fell Race - Saturday 1st November 2014

It's my birthday and I'm up and out early. I race the Really Wild Boar Fell Race, first ran this back in 2011 and then again in the snow and ice in 2012.

A few squally showers before the race but conditions are ideal. I'm feeling good, albeit a year older than this time yesterday, and think it might be a good race.

I set off at a good pace and manage to run all of the climb. I pass Shaun Robinson, who I often battle with, as it gets steeper and then pull away. Once at the summit I know I need to keep the pressure on myself and have a good descent. I do and once on the track I push hard, still doing battle with Shaun, and finish strong.

I am pleased with my result, about 40 seconds down from 2011 but that's progress. Then off to pub for a pint and prizes....sadly not holiday for me !





No comments:

Post a Comment