Saturday 7 January 2012

Nine Standards - Sunday 1st January 2012

So New Year's Day and I start it with a clear head; this is good, as I am heading to Kirkby Stephen for the Nine Standards Race. I ran well last year, coming 4th overall and, for the first time, 1st MV40....no pressure then.

I have not felt great for a few weeks now but have pressed on with my running regardless...a bit silly really and as I predict this does not bode well for today's race.

Craig kindly drives, we arrive early and the rain is torrential. However, it does ease by 12pm and, although a little windy, the weather is reasonably kind, but, again, the ground is saturated and the mud makes for hard going.

I run okay, but can't keep with Rick (so no chance of being 1st MV40 !), he runs well and picks up this prize. I finish just under a minute behind last year, a little frustrating but should not let this get to me. Craig, Paul and Chris all run well, as do the Helm ladies.

Soup and beer at prize giving goes down well.

Results:

http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/results.php?id=1136

No comments:

Post a Comment