Sunday 6 November 2011

Really Wild Boar Fell Race - Saturday 5th November 2011

A new race for me and I hear that the spot prizes are plentiful and, in one case, very generous.....do I feel lucky ?!

The race is only short, 5 miles from Street (between Sedbergh and Kirby Stephen) - track, then fell to the summit if Wild Boar Fell. The weather is great, cold, blue sky and sunny with just occasional wispy cloud on the summit. A fast, pathless descent and then back on the track to Street.

My legs feel heavy and it is hard going today - I come 16th, or was it 18th, but Helm do well - 2nd & 4th Male, Brain V55 (?) winner and mens team prize going to the Addisons.

Oh and by the way, Rick wins a towel as a spot prize, Brian a red t-shirt and me a week's holiday in the Pyrenees.....Crikey Bob !!!!!!! :-)

I also manage a quick ride, keen to try out my new Magicshine bike light - it's impressive and lets me see round my usual Lyth Valley route. It's a clear sky and turning cold, good time of day to be out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment