Thursday 7 July 2011

Reston Scar Scamper -Wednesday 6th July 2011

Two years since I last ran this race and 35:34 to beat ! The day had improved but as we registered and hung around Mill Yard there were some seriously dark clouds looming.

We lined up at the start and just as Pete Bland started the race so the rain came. A quick start and once again I lead the race for a very short distance ! Soon overtaken but work hard to hold my pace along the tarmac section.

The climb is steep but I run it all and it is raining heavy and gusty on the top. I work hard, keeping Seb and another Helm runner in sight. I climb well but descend badly. However the last descent is less steep and this suits me. No one close behind or close in front but no reason to ease off.

I make it back in 30:47, comfortably inside my previous time. Not sure of final results but both mark Addison and Robin Stones in the prizes.

A great little race, just under 4 miles and about 975' of climbing - big Helm turn-out as it is a Club Champ race. The evening is rounded off with a beer and prize giving in the Hawkshead Brewery.

No comments:

Post a Comment