Tuesday 23 May 2017

Latrigg Fell Race - Wednesday 17th May 2017

KA and I head up to Keswick for Keswick AC's Latrigg fell race. Did this last year and had a reasonable run, but everything hurts tonight after Monday's track session ! 

Well all goes well for the first few hundred metres and then as if shot in the back of the leg my hamstring goes and my leg buckles......but, hey, can't let that spoil a race, even if I do have an overseas race on Saturday !! 

I push on, it hurts but for once I man-up and take it in my stride. Well I finish almost a minute quicker than last year, I'm happy with that. But after the race: hamstring is knackered / feel another hernia / Achilles stiff as a block / lower back in agony / huge blister forming......and all of that applies, no delete as applicable with this list !! 

But apart from all of this, it was an enjoyable evening, the sun was shining, Helm ladies run well, the Guiness tastes good,the scampi chips and curry sauce taste even better and the coffee at the Square Orange was a pleasant way to round off the evening :-)

Results




No comments:

Post a Comment