Tuesday 2 May 2017

Coniston Fell Race - Saturday 29th April 2017

I have raced this twice before, one of those occasions being quite well. Not expecting too much today, but have definitely manage to stem the decline and conditions are ideal. But, as usual, the initial climb takes it out of me and I struggle all the way to Wetherlam; not helped by the anti-chaff cream on my feet making my sock slip off my foot and into the my shoe.......and that's made worse by my tieing my shoe lace extra tight as it had come undone at Lords Seat.....oh well, I'm sure that added at least 15 minutes to my time ! :-)

Anyway enough excuses, I run well from Wetherlam, climb Prison Band ok and feel good to the Old Man. I almost get the perfect line from the summit but not quite, but then the fast lines lower down. All in all, not a bad race and enjoyed......well most of it anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment