Saturday 8 April 2017

Grisedale Grind - Wednesday 5th April 2017

Another new race, only 4km and 480m climb.......sound easy....hmm !!

KA and I head up to Whinlatter, it's a cool evening but dry and clear. A big field, 109, good for a mid-week race. Really not my sort of race, steep up and then steep, and nowt inbetween. After a initial dash on forest track we are out on open fell and an unrelenting climb to the summit. I'm ahead of friendly rival Sean Robinson at the summit, but only just and he's a cracking descender. He soon dashes past me and off into the distance, but I'm climbing ok, just need to improve downhill confidence and technique. 

Anyway it's painful but soon over; I finish 50th in just over 34 mins. I know this descent is going to trash my legs and I'll suffer tomorrow. 

Then into Braithwaite for a drink and dinner, a pleasant way to round off the evening.

Results

No comments:

Post a Comment