Saturday 15 April 2017

Bynack More - Tuesday 11th April 2017

I stayed the night at Glenmore, great location, excellent showers but very expensive. I head down to Glenmore Lodge and park there, ready to tackle the 50mph winds which are forecast on the summits. 

It's a long walk in, towards Ryovan Pass but then before the Bothy head east to Bynack Stable and the climb to the summit. It's very windy, a Scottish lass who had set off before me was heading back, she had turned around as she was uncomfortable in the conditions. I pushed on, actually I don't think it got a lot worse, to the summit at 1090m; the 54th highest Munro. 

I don't stop long on the summit, quickly head back the same way; I catch up with the friendly Scottish lass, she was disappointed to have not made the summit, but I did say that sometimes you have to go with that inner feeling, and that's it's always there for another day.......I talk from experience, I have been there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment