Monday 20 March 2017

Criffel Hill Race - Sunday 19th March 2017

KA and I head over the border to race Criffel. The rain on route is monsoon like and I wonder how we will run in this. But as we approach Dumfries and then New Abbey the rain eases and the sky clears, we are lucky it's dry for the race. 

It's the first of the SHR Championship races so a good turn out, and only one other Helm runner....bliss ! But the whole race is a bog-fest, I have never known a race like it, I'm lucky that I didn't get swallowed up by one !

But it's a good route, out and back, a minor peak, Criffel, the minor peak and back to the village. Hard going but I quite enjoy and a good atmosphere. Just 10.5k and 550m climb, but it felt further. 

Then into the tea room for much needed tuck before heading home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment