Thursday 2 March 2017

Badger Bar Blast - Sunday 26th February 2017

It's another wet day and the ground is sodden; ideal conditions for a short fell race. The Badger Bar Blast replaces Loughrigg / Silverhowe and is, therefore, a new race for me. 

Actually the weather wasn't too bad, certainly been out in much worse. But the ground was very wet, I struggle on the first climb, still tired from the Cumbria Way, but get going after that. I know the route well and although vis was good people still scatter. I stick to the lines I know and they pay off, I gain places on the way to Silverhowe and manage to hold on to them on the climb back to Loughrigg and the very slippy descent to the finish. 

My result was just ok not great but also not a disaster.....that how my running and racing is these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment