Sunday 12 June 2016

Pedol Cwm Pennant Fell Race - Saturday 11th June 2016

A new race for me, and for many others too; the fourth running of this 16 mile / 5,575' Welsh race, taking in the summits of Morl Hebog, Moel yr Ogof, Moel Lefn, Tal y Mignedd, Craig Cwm Silyn and Garnedd Goch, in the splendid hidden valley of Cwm Pennant. 

It's a muggy and misty morning,with the potential for some dampness too. We arrive in good time, get registered, sort kit, drink tea, look at map and try our best to relax ! 

We are away at 11, it's a fast and furious run out along the road and up the lower slopes of Moel Hebog - hot and humid, which doesn't suit me. A tough climb to Moel Hebog and then, for much of the way, in the mist and generally just following those in front; this time that's works. 

The race has its usual highs and lows but I am pleased with my race, I enjoy it and happy with my time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment