Wednesday 8 June 2016

Buttermere - Monday 6th June 2016

Another hot day, and for me a days holiday; actually it's very hot, sultry and airless but can't let that stop me going on a big run. 

Headed over to Buttermere, had planned to the recce skyline route; this goes ok until Honister but a decision is made, I need to run more, rather than walk over the fells ! So decide to head down to Buttermere, round the back of the Water, then round Crummock Water and work my way back to Newlands Pass via the beautiful and secretive Rannerdale valley. 

Manage about 17 miles, but it was really hard going and don't want to think how long it took. Head up to Moss Force and find a pool, so refreshing to soak in here for a while. Then a quick visit to Keswick and the storm that's been looming all day finally breaks, some heavy downpours too, my no let up in the humidity. 

A good day out, but decision on where to focus energy have been made.

No comments:

Post a Comment