Friday 29 April 2016

Round Latrigg - Thursday 28th April 2016

So I am back up to Keswick, this time for a meeting and, what a coincidence, it's ties in with the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour at the Theatre by the Lake :-)

But today the snow is a bit more serious, the snowploughs are working hard to keep the A66 clear ! So post meeting I get out for a short run, decide on Round Latrigg. I'm running in fresh snow but it's a bit wet and miserable now. All goes well until I drop down behind Latrigg to join the old railway line. It's too closed, well to be more precise, there's not much left, to still see the devastation that Decembers floods caused is, in some ways, impressive but also sad. 

Anyway I find a way back to Keswick and am glad of the shower facilities in the leisure centre. Then to have that pizza that I missed out on last night and a great eveing at Banff MFF. Round two on Saturday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment