Sunday 2 March 2014

Arthur's Seat - Friday 28th February 2014

This is becoming a tradition, my fourth visit to the annual Threadneedle conference and an opportunity to stay over in my favourite city and have an early morning run to the top of Arthur's Seat; I have managed this every year so far, sometimes easier than others and this is dependant on the quantity of fizz consumed the night before !

This time I do not over do it and with a clear head I set off at 7am, across North Bridge, down the Royal Mile, past the Scottish Parliament buildings and Hollyrood Palace and then off road and up to Arthur's  Seat. It's a stunning morning, cold but fantastically clear, what a great place to be. 

The path is icy and a but tricky but the views from the summit are stunning. Head back the same way,  time is against me and all done in 45 minutes. Quick shower, full Scottish breakfast and the. Train home. Only a short stay, perhaps next year I could stay a little longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment