Sunday 17 November 2013

Kendal Mountain Festival 10k Trail Run - Saturday 16th November 2013

So after coming 3rd and 1st V40 at last years race I am offered a free entry, can't refuse that !

But it's a much higher profile race this year and a much bigger start list....a new route too. So we start in the town centre, with shoppers cheering us on. Up Beast Banks (The Beast) and the up Brigsteer Road before heading off road on to Scout Scar. I start fast, and never learn, but slow a little to a more sustainable pace, I know John and Garry are on me so this keeps me working hard. 

Along the Scar, cross Underbarrow Road and then towards Cunswick, but not as far as the summit. Head right across fields and then up and over the golf course, the final descent into town is tricky, steep, wet and slippery cobbled ginels.  I finish 25th, an ok result. A big Helm turnout and some good results. 



No comments:

Post a Comment