Sunday 17 June 2012

Helvellyn & The Dodds Fell Race - Sunday 3rd June 2012

So just after 12 hours ago I left Threlkeld and now I am back again for this Club Championship race. Not done this one before, the cloud is down, it is cold and windy; I think of Martin still on his BG.

My legs are a little jiggered from last night's run but I make good progress up Clough Head, keeping ahead of Craig....this could be his day !

On to Great Dodd, skirt Watson and Stybarrow then to Raise, Lower Man and Helvellyn; the visibility is poor and the wind very strong, I navigate well, recces and BG's help a lot.

As I turn and retrace the outward route I fail to see Craig but see Mick, Ali and Lindsay, other Helm runners. I later find out that Craig decides to head towards Thirlmere !!

I pick-up a few places on the way back, running strong and finish in 7th (2hrs 49mins) managing to scrap a prize -  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment