Monday 25 June 2012

Hawkshead 10k - Wednesday 20th June 2012

The third race of the Kendal AC series. So far I have not been able to better my time from last years races, could I manage this tonight ?

Conditions are ideal and I feel in reasonable shape; it is a big field, a good turn-out from the Helm ladies (Jo, Victoria, Lindsay, Shelley and Amanda) and just one other Helm male (V60). I run well but lag behind others who I am normally ahead of, this is disheartening; however, before the left turn at the end of the lake, I am catching a group of 5 runners and, one by one, I overtake them and stay in front on the long run back along the east side of teh lake.

I finish 7th, 36mins 49secs, 5 secs ahead of last year - at last !! 2nd V40 so no prizes tonight but a good result. I stick around for beer and burger; a good evening but a few absent friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment