Monday 17 February 2020

Carnethy 5 - Saturday 15th February 2020

I always look forward to this early season classic, and it can often be a tough day, this year storm Dennis made sure if that. CB and I head up to Penicuik, just outside Edinburgh, it’s a wet drive but not too bad. The start field is wild at the best of times but we shelter in the marquee until the last minute. It’s a mad dash at the start, like a scene from a war film great fun. 

Once heading up the hill the full force of the wind hit, character building stuff. Sort of loved it really, but hard work, although more sheltered when we dropped down the back. I run reasonably wells felt fairly strong and got stuck in to the last climb. By no means a quick time, I can blame the wind, but not disappointed with my run. 

A long day out and an enjoyable pint with CB when back in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment