Friday 13 October 2017

Pentland Skyline - Sunday 8th October 2017

A race I've been wanting to do for a while; 26k / 1890m and the fourth and final Scottish Long Race this year, which means I've completed the series. 

Conditions are good, dry, clear and a bit breezy. I arrive in plenty of time, it's only a short drive out from my city hotel. The start is half way up a hill, that's good :-) As usual now, I set off steady and get stronger. Some of the route is familiar as it covers the Carnethy 5; I make the cut-off with 20 minutes to spare and then, as Craig would say, the big old Diesel engine was warmed up and just keep on chugging away....lots of torque too !

This race is not without climb, they come little and often and then every third or fourth one comes a toughie; I keep climbing well, running some of them and overtake tiring racers. I finish in 3:36,  a long way down the field but I felt good and was pleased with my time. It's a cracking race, hopefully I'll be back next year with KA as originally planned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment