Sunday 6 August 2017

Borrowdale - Saturday 5th August 2017

Only race this once before, back in 2009, and had forgotten what a flippin tough one this is. 

Fortunately, as it did back in 2009, the weather clears for the 11am start. It's not a great start and Bessyboot is a slog, and the trods to Esk Hause even more so. But over to Scafell Pike is better and the direct scree descent passes without incident. The Corridor Route is hard work and then, as Craig would say, the big old diesel engine kicks in and I climb strongly to Gable and appreciate seeing a friendly face on the summit. 

Good running and links drop me to Honister and another friendly face their to support me. I kick hard and climb Dale Head even stronger and then it's just the descent to Rosthwaite. I have 4:30 in my sights but it goes on forever and I have to settle for 4:32; as I guessed, about an hour quicker than Wadsdale, but my body is more bust.....how can that be ?!

No comments:

Post a Comment