Saturday 20 August 2016

Pendle 3 Peaks Fell Race - Saturday 20th August 2016

Well to be honest I wasn't looking forward to this race, not sure why, just wasn't. And the poor forecast doesn't help to change that. 

But it's a new race for me and an FRA Championship race, I head down to Barley in Cali and get myself sorted. Actually I feel ok and the weather is not great but could be worse. 

Ladies are away at 11am and we are off at 11:15; there is no pressure, I run my own race and see how it's goes. It about 1.5k along the track from the start, across the dam and then a short steep climb. From there, a long gradual climb, through boggy ground, to Spence Moor. I'm going ok, feel reasonably good, and enjoying it too. 

Down to CP2 then a steep climb up onto Pendle plateau; the weather turns grim up here, but no worse than expected. It's then a roller coaster, steep drops down and then straight back up onto the plateau, the second one leads to the summit and then it's a great gradual downhill to the track and back along to the dam. 

I run well, finish in1:44:18, 13th in my category. A good race, pleased I was there.




Results

No comments:

Post a Comment