Friday 5 December 2014

Helvellyn & The Dodds Race Route - Saturday 29th November 2014


So a big day planned and I'm a bit apprehensive about this, have started to get use to short races ! But the weather is good and despite a power cut at More (which resulted in no pastry !) I am keen to set off from Blencathra cricket club. 

I climb steady and then manage to make good progress along the Dodds in excellent conditions. I am soon on Raise, then Lower Man and Helvellyn; a great place to be today. It's the same way back on this route and still plenty of climb. I make the effort to run every climb on the way back and succeed. 

The last descent is tough, I go steady as I really don't want to trash my legs. Out for exactly 4 hours, then into Keswick for some Christmas shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment