Wednesday 27 February 2013

Carnethy 5 - Saturday 16th February 2013

So 6 from Helm head North for the infamous Carnethy 5 Hill Race. This race attracts a huge following and, for a big field, has a great atmosphere.

In 2012 I finish in 1hr 00mins 32secs, so could a sub 1hr be on the cards today ? I feel ok, not at my fittest but not in bad shape either. I eat sensibly and warm-up properly. However, as soon as the race starts the legs just don't want to work, absolutely no energy !

Billy soon passes me on the first climb and later comments that I knew I was struggling. I couldn't react to him passing me, not that this is a bad thing, and struggle all the way a through the race. It is a battle and not won that I win or enjoy.



 
I get round but that's about it, over 4 mins slower but it actually felt much worse. We head back on the first bus, shower and then a meal in the school canteen. A good day but a race to forget. I will move on from this and not dwell it. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment